- To promote awareness of mental health issues specific to the LGBTQ communities
- To provide value to the community through the services of our members
- To promote awareness among mental health workers of cross-cultural issues such as race/ethnicity, age, ability, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, and class
- To promote the practices and careers of our members
- To develop an exchange of information relating to the field of mental health within the LGBTQ communities
- To provide opportunities for social and professional interaction among our members and within the larger mental health community.